Monday, August 25, 2008


Just a quick update, it's been a while since my last post but there has not been too much going on either.

I've been working so much lately that I have not been able to follow up my project as much as I would like.

However, I decided to drop my current honeynet and set up a new one - I'm having some issues with honeywall registering every device on my switch as a honeypot which is kind of frustrating - also there was the issue with timestamping in the snort logs which I would love to work out.

I have gotten several tips on how to solve this through the honeywall mailing list and I will try these methods when installing a new honeywall later on this weekk.

Hopefully I will have the new virtual honeynet up&running by the weekend and this one will be a little more professional in the set up.

No comments: